We On Our Back Starin At The Stars Above
If you hadn't noticed yet, I am going to jock Outkast all week.
Has any act ever utilized their album's guest appearances better than Outkast? I was always amazed that in an era where most rappers piled star power onto disjointed yet still entertaining posse cuts (think 'John Blaze' and 'Banned From TV) , Outkast seemed to perfectly place a wide rang of artists onto their tracks. The best examples, in no particularly order:
1. In Due Time f/ Cee Lo... Who knew that Cee Lo sings like Al Green. He also slayed the chorus of De La's 'Held Down.'
2. Synthesizer f/ George Clinton..."Cybersexy Wendy. She'll lapdance on your laptop while your laptop's in your lap."
3. Skew It On The BBQ f/ Raekwon...The drum patterning and chorus of this song intertwine in a special way.
4. So Fresh So Clean Remix f/ Snoop Dogg and Sleepy Brown
5. Da Art of Storytellin Part 1 f/ Slick Rick
#5 is featured today. Earthtone 3 member Mr DJ contributes the perfect track for the narration of Big Boi, Andre, and Slick Rick, who each contribute memorable verses.
I apologize for the clean version. If anyone can email the dirty along to email@example.com, I will seamlessly and furtively make the switch.
Outkast f/ Slick Rick: Da Art Of Storytellin, Part 1 (MP3)