Thursday, April 14, 2005

Thrown Into A Six By Eight Steel Cabinet

Kind people, thanks for the great comments.

LJS: I gotta see if I can track down that NO ID track. Regardless, I will probably do a day of lesser known Dug produced tracks. Thanks for the idea.

Sadly, we've been having some technical difficulties over here. I plan on making up the non-existant Wednesday post with a rare Saturday make up. Also because of these technical difficulties, I only have access to one of this week's planned tracks. Lucky for all of us, it is a doozy. I promise I'll be back on track tomorrow though.

RZA: Sunshower (MP3):

How can a track like this not end up on some major domestic release? It did find its way onto the UK version of Wu-Tang Forever and the bootleg Formula For The Cure. As much as I love the whole Bob Digi concept, if this is what the legendary Cure was destined to sound like, I am despressed that it never happened. Being who I am, I can always respect those who show a depth of character on the mic. Emcees with positive and negative aspects to their topics come off as more believeable and powerful than those who fight only the good or bad side exclusively. Imagine if RZA could have dropped the original Bobby Digital and The Cure within a year or two.

As much as I'd like to claim that I intended it, the constant references to rain here are merely coincidental.

Has anyone read The Wu Tang Manual yet? I am picking that up too soon.

5 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Jaybles said...

Bob Digi's material is by far my fave RZA productions. Just hoping that some day we will hear The Cure.

Jaybles

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger The Rap Pundit said...

Amazing, with the number of Wu-related compilations out there that we haven't seen a "Lost Tapes"-style album. If put together properly, it could rival "Iron Flag" or "The W" in terms of quality.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Fredrik F said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger ljs said...

Good looking. I actually found it, along with the rest of that NO album. Get at me if you need it.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Rizoh said...

Amazing. I've been listening all day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home